FIND IT!!!!!

Saturday 21 May 2011

Come Back. Please. I Can Bandage You.

So close
So close.
So close..
So close...

Closer than any before.
I listen to those you did.
You still say to me through them,
"Something for the pain, just to kill this feeling
Although we looked awake, inside we're all still sleeping
And I spent my time here alive, but barely there
Do you believe we'll ever make it?"
Yet now not a word to me will you speak.
I here you ever calling,
"wake me when it's through,
I don't want to feel the things that you do"
And my attempts are all met with the sounding of your silent yell,
"Don't show me anything!"

I miss you.
You were so close.
I was so fucking close... so close...
Yet if I recall I was only through gate 3 of 9.

I love you.
I hated you, but I couldn't stay that way.
You are familly.
I'd bet your the tails to my heads.
I can't see a way back to you,
Its like I'm looking out in the opposite direction.

I have no friends.
No-one ever holds me,
I keep everyone at a distance.
I forget everyone, I can't see their faces.
I still see your smile, even over the glare you cast over me.
I wish I could meet your eyes now.
You wont let me.
I can't forget you.

I love you Adam McKay.
Your the only friend I've ever kept,
Yet the only friend I've ever lost,
Come back. Please. I can bandage you.

I hope someone leads you here.
To these words or to this feeling.
Your my one regret.
If today is the Rapture,
I know I'm not going to Heaven,
Because I will leave this world on the day of my death with you as my only regret.
Let my unrepentant sins and their cost pay penance for my failure to help you.

You saved my life,
Why wont you let me save yours?

2 comments:

  1. Wow. It was good before you dropped a specific name into the mix. Then it got scary good. Brave and honest writing, Jayden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...It is hard to judge this without judging what it is about. It is a well written poem, with sadness that can be felt, and at the same time, well, something startling. It is.... heavy, and should be treated as something heavy.

    ReplyDelete