FIND IT!!!!!

Thursday 28 April 2011

The Calm Durring the Storm

I walk down the corridor
A wind rages outside
The storm
No lightning, thunder, hail
Only wind and its howl
All bark and no bite
Yet even such a bark frightens the trees
Several are scared half to death
Twice
Feinting and those that remain, too proud to lift them again
Thier bodies cut to peices by our City
That we may surpass where they have fallen
Continue in this world where they lay down thier lives
Yet this death does not reach me
The hum of electricity ceases in the school
The learning continues on
I tread a hall between a woman who writes from memories
And my note book forgotten beside a now dormant computer
The halls are not dark, shadowy, frightening, or sad
Nor are the happy, joyful, exciting or overwhelming
Today the rage of the storm has forced the place of learning
Into a well deserved break
The corridor I tread is quiet
Content
Calm
Relaxed
Mother nature walks the hall beside me
She does not care about the chattering
Which filters to our ears from almost every classroom door
She cares not about the confusion
The anticipation
She walks with me through the soft halls
The sharp sun filtering through the gray sky and the skylights above
The empty hall no longer rings with the high pitched noise I cannot hear
I feel it is gone
I feel the struggle is gone
The high voltage situations are gone
And all is calm
But for the rage outside the doors

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed this poem, Jayden! Fantastic description... and yet, each line is concise. I especially enjoyed "She cares not about the confusion."

    ReplyDelete